Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain a .NET/C# application with an Angular frontend
- Develop and maintain Chef cookbooks/recipes and Inspec tests to ensure servers meet published corporate and regulatory requirements
- Hardening, testing and monitoring systems against possible security threats, with exposure to security standards Deployment of operating system security and software updates
- Conducting vulnerability assessments on Windows, Unix, and VMware technologies and implementations of remediation solutions utilizing both automated tools and manual techniques
- Researching and analyzing known system exploits and vulnerabilities to support development and execute vulnerability remediation
- Provide on-call and after-hours support as a part of team.
- Handling server administration functions across the nation and abroad
- This position requires a high level of independent thinking and the ability to solve problems in a stressful environment.
- Document critical processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality.
- Highly organized, possess a meticulous attention to detail and comfortable working within strict operational boundaries and procedures
- Assist in developing procedures and processes to ensure that Audit and Regulatory requirements are met
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills, highly organized, ability to complete high level projects with little supervision
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience (2+ years).
- 1+ years of experience with Linux and/or Windows operating systems as a system designer, system programmer, or system administrator.
- 2+ years of scripting experience with at least one of these languages(C#, Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, VBScript, PowerShell)
- 2+ years of Experience with Angular, React or other UI frameworks
- Experience with source code version control tools(e.g., GitHub)
- Experience executing DevOps & Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Understanding of system security practices Assets
- Experience with Chef products (e.g., Chef Server, Compliance, Inspec, Automate, Test Kitchen)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery tools/practices(e.g., Jenkins, Chef Workflow, Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure services(e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Solid ability to organize tasks and determine priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.