Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Candidates for the Software Engineer role work in conjunction with the engineering team to design, develop and deliver quality web-based software applications. The expectation is that this person will be responsible for delivering business critical projects while managing their day to day activities in an efficient and professional manner. The candidate will work with the team to ensure the team maintains high morale during the entire process.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as a primary IT resource for medium-size projects to large-size projects
- Oversees the technologies, tools and techniques used by the team
- Ensure that development standards, security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Work with the scrum team to get projects developed and implemented
- Provide accurate and timely estimates for tasks
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solve complex problems and/or conduct complex analyses
- Discover root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Mentor new teammates, as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- 2+ years with CI/CD tools and processes
- 2+ years of experience with at least one server-side scripting language
- 2+ years of communicating with and influencing both technical and non-technical audiences
- 1+ years of experience with API development and front-end development tools; capable of performing, testing, and debugging requests
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Agiles/Scrum experience
- 1+ years of experience with event driven architecture and technologies
- 1+ years of experience with distributed data stores at scale
- Proactively initiates contributions to team or company goals and implements solutions with minimal direction from others.
- Seeks and graciously receives feedback and mentorship; you’ll get a lot of it here
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally’marketing, sales, product, and engineering with relative ease to champion new ideas and drive business goals
- Ability to quickly understand complex, interdependent technical requirements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.