Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for the development and upgrades necessary for Optum’s external website, and many other web-based applications in direct support of administration and clinical demand management requests. Delivery of company and team goals specifically in the demand management space for requests for development of web-based solution sets in direct support of administration and clinical needs. Will be part of an IT applications development and team-oriented environment which fosters positive feedback, continuous technical development/training, continual improvement methods, customer support and positive relationship building and application change management especially within the mid-level management and key change agents located throughout the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop up to date technical web programming development standards using the latest tool-sets. This would include continuous improvement methods to support and align technology and our Internal Development Environment (IDE) with the business needs and produce rapid results in support of these businesses. Implement and deploy demand management requests for Clinical Operations and Administration organizations
- Develop development software project life cycle methods with predictable implementations and rapid deployment of systems to meet the businesses’ needs
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the businesses and key change agents in clinical operations and administration
- Develop quality control measures, testing measures, and the accuracy of data standards to support deployment of solutions for the businesses in IT
- Develop and analyze IT development processes and procedures that would include: business requirements and scoping of demand management requests, technical specification processes, and the development of solution sets for the clinical operations and administrative organizations
- Manage and study the latest technical development technologies and utilize these to position IT development and programming techniques and methodologies to enhance IT support of the entire organization. Align these technologies according to the company goals and initiatives
- Create and administer technical and training programs for the development of IT staff
- Coach and mentor a team of technical application development resources directly supporting the companies’ business requests
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to think objectively and make sound business and technical decisions
- Net and SQL server environment
- Ability to motivate, inspire, build and direct an IT development team
- Effective business communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility, strong interpersonal, analytical, technical and problem solving attributes
- Understands the IT environment well and specializations within IT and relationship building with customers to meet their needs
- ‘Extreme Programming’ software development methodologies and the utilization of these methods in a true business setting
- Exxceptional understanding and experience with object-oriented programming and software design
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in Web Development and Programming
- Experience with software design and utilization of latest technologies in Microsoft Visual Studio and C#
- Experience with ‘Scrum’ and ‘Agile Development
- Knowledge in .Net environment using Microsoft’s SQL server and Windows Server environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare industry experience
- Knowledge and experience with transaction processing and interface development and support desire
- Knowledge and experience working in a Cloud based environment like Azure DevOps and GitHub
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and their deployment strategies
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.