Salary: Up to £95,000 depending on experience
Remote position: Candidates must be based in the UK
The AppDev and AppMod Teams are cross-functional technical experts and thrive on solving complex problems using technical and consultative skills. We love pushing and driving engineering best practices and standards on varied and interesting projects for all of our customers.
Appsbroker engineering team culture is built on providing a highly collaborative and comradery driven environment where you are comfortable coaching or assisting other engineers, being self-sufficient in your own personal development and feel at ease asking for help or innovating in an environment that encourages all voices to be heard.
Across Appsbroker , we run a structure that encourages all members to be responsible for its growth and give you the autonomy to own and build out an idea or problem. We encourage an automated first mindset to make things better for us and our customers, not just wanting to “get stuff done”.
What is in it for you?
Expect the total compensation package to grow as we grow. We are proud to offer a rewarding and inclusive environment that includes;
- Learning and development career pathways including Google Cloud certifications and the wider offering of other training platforms.
- Ongoing coaching, mentoring, evaluation and feedback to help you grow.
- Excellent Life-Work balance (notice the order). Have commitments outside of work? Let us know – we will make it work for you.
- Remote first business – though you can use our offices in Swindon or Victoria, London should you need to escape.
- Subsidised regional events and regular socials (in person/remote) to stay connected
- 25 days basic holiday (plus purchase scheme), pension, life assurance and private medical insurance
This is a hybrid position;
As a Team Lead, you'll act as a leader and mentor to a team of software engineers varying in consulting and technical capability. You should help them align with their career goals while recognising and resolving skill gaps that help Appsbroker meet customer demands.
As a Technical Lead, we would look to utilise you on customer and internal projects. This is a hands on opportunity where you would work with an Appsbroker Project Manager and Scrum Master to get the project over the line. You'll lead a team of engineers brought together from across Appsbroker. You would look to understand and resolve all customer problems that arise throughout the lifecycle of the project.
As the right candidate you will have:
- Experience as a line manager of technical staff
- Understanding of architecting cloud native applications and be able to apply that knowledge to design pragmatic solutions (ideally on GCP but can look at Azure or AWS)
- Experience leading technical projects; ideally in a structured methodology like; Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc
- Can gain a deep understanding of the project and business goals, which you can translate into a technical solution
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices
- Actively invest in your technical skills and leadership abilities
- Experience taking responsibility for the career development of other Engineers
A fast growing, financially stable, primarily remote and people first cloud consultancy with expertise in Google Cloud Platform. A proud MSP and Premier Partner to Google.
With offices available in Swindon and London for those that need a space, alongside regional forums to organise events and gatherings to ensure we all stay connected, wherever you are based.