cPacket Networks is a leading provider of next-generation network performance monitoring and packet broker solutions. cPacket's solutions are the leading edge foundation for a secure and reliable autonomous network. cPacket provides unprecedented network visibility reducing security risk and simplifying security architecture for Fortune 1000 companies. cPacket is the network visibility you can trust.
At cPacket, we're a close-knit team dedicated to success and innovation. Were not afraid to take risks, we learn fast, and were experts in our field. Together, were redefining the network performance industry. If youre curious, intelligent, and passionate about making a meaningful impact, cPacket is the place for you. Our world-class team of engineers includes software and hardware engineers, FPGA designers, and technologists with depth and expertise in the networking industry. If you like challenges and have the right attitude to take them head on, youll love it at cPacket because were solving tough problems every day. We have an indomitable work ethic and we reject setbacks to always press forward even in the face of uncertainty. We are committed to growth – both professionally and personally.
Principals only. No recruiters please.
About the role:
We are looking for a software engineer to help us build the next generation observability platform. This is a core engineering role that provides a lot of latitude in the areas of engineering youll be working on spanning across systems development, low level interaction with hardware, containerization, cloud engineering and CI/CD to name a few.
- Design and build systems applications with an emphasis on low latency, robustness and fault tolerance, on systems that run at multi-terabits per second scale
- Debug systems problems as they arise and provide elegant solutions
- Continually improve engineering processes and standards
Ideal qualifications and skills:
- BS in CS or CE or equivalent industry experience
- 2+ years of applicable experience in test-driven software development
- Diverse experience in several languages, such as C/C++/Rust
- Experience with Linux and/or embedded systems
- Experience designing and developing scalable multithreaded software
- Experience working with embedded networking switch chips
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Understanding of container technologies
- Understanding of cloud technologies as they relate to networking
- Strong communication and systematic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment with CI/CD practices
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, and self-driven
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Commuter benefits
- Generous PTO policy
- Remote-friendly team and open to flexible work arrangements
- New offices in downtown Portland (OR) and Silicon Valley (Milpitas, CA)