Location: Remote, North America (EST Preferred)
About Our Team
High Tech National (HTL) consists of a small energetic team of engineers building the next generation of application software to assist our operations. This software supports hundreds of technicians in the field as well as a large warehouse and its complete inventory. We take each team members' suggestions and ideas into consideration in determining the ultimate direction of our projects. All of this, while continuing to strive for the pinnacle in cloud infrastructure, cutting-edge technology, and best practices to build world-class software.
About Our Candidate
HTL is seeking talented Software Engineers that will leverage their experience, skills, and knowledge to help transform our application systems into modern and scalable solutions that will serve as the foundation for business innovation and growth in the future. They will be excited to work in a fast-paced production environment in the automotive industry where new tasks and projects are added daily. They are able to evolve to meet the changing needs of our unique target audience allowing for creativity and implementation of new technologies and ideas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Developing optimized code from scratch using different technologies and frameworks in an agile/scrum environment.
- Analyzing existing systems to effectively improve the current functionality while also receiving input from the current users.
- Working independently on assigned tasks, but primarily collaborating in a cross-functional team environment to define, build, test and deliver broader capability and vision.
What You Need To Be Successful
- Proven ability to deliver high quality enterprise solutions.
- Experience with large, complex and highly scalable systems.
- Experience in an object-oriented programming language.
- Service API development, REST/JSON.
- Experience in the data tier with any sort of database, either transactional or NoSQL.
- Worked with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Automated Testing (Unit, Integration, Functional)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Native Android
- Amazon AWS EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3
- Knowledge of Linux and containerized solutions
- PHP Version 7+ with Laravel
- NodeJS Express, Serverless
- Azure Devops for work management, source control, CI/CD
Who We Are
High Tech Locksmiths (HTL), a KAR Global brand, is the largest mobile automotive locksmith service of its kind in the U.S. HTL provides transponder, remote, high security, remotehead, smart key and proximity keys for the auto auction, car rental and used car industries.
With more than 25 years in business, HTL dispatches its fleet of 175 mobile units across 42 states to provide needed locksmith services onsite. These units, manned by certified locksmiths, stocked with a full inventory of keys and remotes, and connected remotely to additional technical support, cut more than half a million keys each year.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources