Our Engineering teams work on both front and back end applications. Whether youre passionate about building tools that enable our business to get the job done or want to empower our customers to realize their creative potential through tools like our design lab – this could be the place for you.
What sets us apart?
* We win awards. We've won a Google mobile web hack-a-thon, ranked in the top 10 of DC area companies that tech talent wants to work (through Hireds Global Brand Health Report) and our Design team took 2nd place in an Adobe design contest. Custom Ink also has an award winning culture
* Were involved in the engineering community. We attend, speak at, and host engineering related events, like Code and Coffee (https//www.meetup.com/NoVA-Code-Coffee/) , Papers We Love (https://www.meetup.com/Papers-We-Love-DC-NoVA/) , 757rb (https://www.meetup.com/757-rb/) and RubyLoCo (https://www.meetup.com/Ruby-LoCo/)
* We're dedicated to Innovation. We are passionate about trying new things and we follow through with 10% time and hosting regularly scheduled full-team hack-a-thons.
Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our innovative online platform, world-class customer support, and award-winning work environment. With 1,600+ team members (Inkers), we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and thats important to all Inkers – no matter what role theyre in.
How youll make a difference:
Youll be part of our larger technology team and ensure that applications used by our teams and customers alike are modern, powerful, and deliver on our promise of a WOW! experience for both our team and customers. Millions of Custom Ink customers and hundreds of team members interact with our tools and so youre work will ensure those interactions are seamless and intuitive. Whether focused on business or consumer facing applications, youll directly contribute to the evolution of the tools that keep Custom Ink growing!
What youll do:
Our engineering teams work proactively to solve challenges associated with a growing, high-volume, customer-driven ecommerce and retail business. In this role, youll be a full stack engineer with ownership of critical functionality related to the Custom Ink platform and work collaboratively on continuous innovation to ensure we deliver an optimal Web experience for our customers and intuitive tools for the Inkers that come through for them. This is an ideal position for someone who enjoys the rhythm of agile, test-driven development cycles and the rewards that come with delivering technology that has instant impact on a growing business.
Measures of Success:
* You are a contributor to our culture. You help to evolve our software practices by participating in (or leading) design sessions, brown bag sessions, and team discussions
* You consistently commit to building high quality software. You strive to commit well designed and maintainable code with low defect rates
* You complete your assigned tasks in a timely manner. You identify gaps in your requirements and immediately raise concerns along with proposed solutions
* You will demonstrate ownership of our software and applications by resolving defects (your own or your teams), keep gems/modules/frameworks up to date, and support the team in emergency situations (attacks or outages)
What we look for:
* Work experience in designing, developing, and maintaining public-facing Web applications deployed in the AWS environment
* Background in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
* Full stack engineer – You are comfortable in the browser, the database, and everything in between
* Deep commitment to test driven development, and examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects
* Demonstrated and documented interest in dynamic Web languages, evolving frameworks, AWS/serverless platforms and other progressive technologies that could be applied to improving the Custom Ink Web experience
In addition, you must share our company valuespracticing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership and driving and embracing Innovation.
Cover letters are strongly preferred when submitting this application. While cover letters are not required, they are highly valued. CustomInk values individuality, so use your judgment and write to us in your own voice.
Were always watching out for great talent. Please share your info with us and wed love to keep the conversation going.
Follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/custominktech) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/custom-ink/) , and Twitter (https://twitter.com/CustomInkTech) (@CustomInkTech)!
Please submit a letter of interest with your application.
CustomInk, LLC (“”Custom Ink””) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in all forms and are committed to maintaining a discrimination-free workplace that treats applicants and employees with dignity and respect. Our employment process is conducted without regard to race, color, religion, nationality or ethnic background, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other attributes protected by state, federal, and local law.
Custom Ink uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please click here (http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify) .
Read about our commitment to the safety of our team members during COVID-19 here (https://www.customink.com/about/jobs?p=job%2Fo1jJefw1) .