Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Software Engineer will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project ; full stack developer with expertise in Java / Perl / Python / Angular / Spring technologies
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Establish and control code quality standards, development best practices, defect-free code delivery for the teams
- Review technical specifications and design documents
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design
- 3-5 years experience structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, debugging, and configuration management
- 3-5 years experience in Java 8 / J2EE, Strong in Java Concurrency, IO and Collections, JPA Framework, database query, HTTP & REST API design / SOAP Web Services
- 3-5 years experience in building applications on Spring Framework or related web frameworks
- Experience in Multi-threading, Spring Boot and Micro-service Architecture
- JMS messaging using any one platform MQ/RabbitMQ/Kafka streaming
- Expertise with JUnit, TestNG, or any other test framework. JUnit test cases and knowledge on DevOps toolchain
- Experience in working CI/CD/CT environment with unit test automation, pipeline based code deployments etc.
- Good understanding of Development processes and tools – Sonar, Jenkins, GitHub, TDD
- Bachelor’s / Advanced degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience
- Managed File Transfer (MFT) domain knowledge
- Strong technical and platform knowledge, including some or all of: Java Core, Perl, python, Open source related technologies
- Experience in any observability frameworks such as Splunk/Graffana/Kibana etc.
- Experience in event streaming/message queuing with proficiency in RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ/Kafka etc.
- Experience in working any NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/Redis/Aerospike etc.
- Experience in container orchestration and proficiency with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working on Unix/Linux and any one scripting language
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Java, Rest API, JPA, J2EE, SOAP, ReactJs, HTML5, Hiring Immediately, Remote, Remote Nationwide, Telecommute, WAH, WFH, #RPO, #GREEN