Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get – leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Solutran, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading Fintech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. Solutran’s success is grounded in S3 , our proprietary financial network, which is used by the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government entities. As a FinTech industry leader, our Solutran S3 platform helps members manage their supplemental benefits, products and services discounts, and rewards all in one place – through a single card, app, and website.
Solutran has established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class payment solutions used by millions.
Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
As a Software Engineer, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help deliver insights and automated solutions to help our systems display world-class reliability. This specific position is for someone who loves to dig in and improve production systems. You will help the team improve the deployment pipeline, triage and support our production systems as well as apply your programming skills to develop and create solutions which improve application monitoring and performance.
The Site Reliability Engineer will work on a team dedicated to improving our application service levels while providing a rich feature set, high availability, and performance for both internal and external customers. This position is part of a team that is the first line of support for ensuring our systems are up and running at their best. Work will be done in an environment where applications may rely on a blended infrastructure of both on-premise and cloud deployments.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and improve the tools and services necessary to support the DevOps model and eliminate manual work through automation including implementing practices that support Agile and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) principles
- Help improve customer experience and application performance through quantitative service monitoring, alerting, and the use of data and operational dashboards
- Help define and achieve the Service Level Objective (SLO) for our applications and services
- Create and build necessary tools or processes required to meet our SLOs
- Provide support for high priority incidents (P1 and P2) impacting production and disaster recovery situations to ensure system recovery within SLA
- Perform and participate in ITSM tasks without supervision, and able to provide direct feedback to improve ITSM processes
- Documentation and diagrams, outlining systems capabilities, processes, and environments in a manner that others can understand
- Work on team projects, as well as individually assigned projects
- Off hours support as needed – i.e. deployments
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Solutran Technical Service staff
- Other duties as assigned
- CI/CD Pipeline development
- Build Tools – Jenkins / Octopus / LiquiBase/ Azure DevOps/ GitHub Actions
- .Net Programming
- Logging and Monitoring – Splunk/ DataDog
- Oracle & PL/SQL
- Source Control – git / tfs / BitBucket
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional IT experience (system administration, software development, or a combination), with steadily increasing responsibilities
- Experience building highly available and reliable systems with .Net
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies and enabling automation for deployments
- Experience supporting critical applications in production
- Experience with one or more modern monitoring and log forwarding tools such as DataDog or Splunk
- Oracle Cloud or Terraform Experience
- Worked in a Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps role
- Clear understanding of security best practices and secure programing including use of Veracode
- Use of Ticketing and Alerting Tools – Jira/ FreshService/ PagerDuty/Splunk On-call
- CI/CD pipeline development using GitHub Actions
- PowerShell and Python Scripting
- Performance testing using Blazemeter or similar tool
- Administration of IIS Web Servers including SSL Certificates and ciphers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Where you will work:
- This is a telecommute / fully remote position
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.