UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Software Engineer will be reporting to Associate Director, IT within Government Operation Automation team. This person will be writing codes and develop solutions to monitor Automation claims processing, build tools, web service, web jobs and utility tools. When there is a production issue, this person will support the trouble shooting and finding the solutions. This person will attend scrum meetings and continue to communicate the project progress. Never have a day that is the same with the other days.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in design process to resolve automation operation needs and issues
- Develop innovative solutions to manage our automation, tools, web service, web jobs and other web application utilities
- Perform unit testing to ensure requirements are met
- Maintain the source code program
- Collaborate with other developers to create an integrated solution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in MIS, IST, Computer Science, or Business with a concentration/minor in Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in application development, maintenance and production support (web, desktop, cloud)
- 5+ years of experience in application development using C#, .NET
- 5+ years of experience in creating web services
- 2+ years of experience in cloud development on MS Azure environment
- 2+ years of experience with MS SQL
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, Power BI
- Knowledge of Health Plan business operation
- Knowledge of Facets Claim processing
- Knowledge of Azure web job and Azure function
- Knowledge of Oracle Database
- Knowledge in Agile implementation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with remote team members
- Ability to understand both the business and technical sides of issues
- Ability to provide analysis for issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.