Software Engineer (Python & cloud)
Location – Birmingham UK
- Responsible to create and maintain current platform tools within the IaaS team.
- Develop an advanced platform to manage Cloud services as well as the rest of infrastructure;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Collaborate with various teams to integrate new features and improvements into the build and deployment process;
- Participate in internal development best practices;
- Resolve complex technical issues;
- Evangelize automation culture around the IT department;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Care for the Cloud platforms (Open stack/VMWare) with an emphasis on security using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Carry out all other related tasks;
- Maintaining and auditing code / design quality as per set guideline and standards in assigned projects.
- Expertise with Python
- Expertise with Source Configuration Management (Git, Gitlab)
- Expertise with Cloud infrastructures (AWS)
- In-depth knowledge with Linux environments
- In-depth knowledge with Web Servers (Nginx, Apache, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge in RESTful API design and implementation
- In-depth understanding with Frontend Frameworks (Bootstrap, AngularJS, etc.)
- Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowledge in distributed systems programming
- Knowledge with message-driven architectures
- Knowledge of Python frameworks (Flask, Django, Hug)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.