Would you enjoy working at a rare intersection between web application and embedded software development? The Development Solutions Group at Arm is seeking an innovative engineer to join our Online Tools division. Together we will be delivering the next generation of IDEs and development tools to aid our partner's provision of software that runs on our Cortex-M devices.
This is an outstanding opportunity for you to build and work with a variety of exciting technologies whilst placing a high emphasis on quality and the end-user experience.
The tools we craft enable developers to efficiently build software products for Arm based hardware across the globe and you will help to deliver these across multiple platforms including macOS, Windows, Linux and the browser.
– Working in the engineering teams to design and deliver solutions to modern embedded development challenges
– Maintain the quality of our products through extensive testing and continuous deployment and integration
– Efficient communication with geographically-dispersed teams
– Attending the Cambridge office on a regular basis (hybrid working)
– Taking an active part in our agile planning and development processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
An ideal candidate will have some experience developing production-ready applications and an interest or curiosity in web based tooling and low-level software or hardware.
– Familiarity with one or more high-level programming languages (ideally object-oriented)
– Curiosity about web-based technologies and embedded software or hardware
‘NICE TO HAVE’ SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
– Knowledge of source-control, specifically Git (and, ideally, Github)
– Experience creating software development tools (e.g. VS Code extensions)
– Experience writing unit tests
– Experience with low-level or embedded development
– Experience contributing to open source projects
– Experience with UI or UX design and development
We will provide:
– Mentoring and leadership
– A competitive salary and rewards package
– Health and wellbeing, career progression and pathway support
We will also ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.