At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
This position is responsible for Palo Alto Networks’ (PANW) network and security infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer facing services. You will have strong Technical and organization skills.
You will work with a team of senior-level Network Engineers writing great quality software automation to create digital visibility and action taking mechanism for PANWs global WAN/LAN network infrastructure.
We are seeking a software engineer with a passion for networking and aptitude for building scalable distributed systems.
- Designing and implementing the build, model, analyze and monitor process for PANW’s current and next generation networks
- Collaborate with network engineers to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis; provide data points for capacity planning and architecture change analysis
- Work with multi-vendor network devices and protocols
- Develop code to monitor network health, thresholds and systems that proactively analyze and mitigate service disrupting network events
- Have expert knowledge and 4+ yrs of experience of Python/GoLang/JAVA for Network
- automation and analytics
- Knowledge of MySQL databases, Bigquery, CI/CD, Github is preferred.
- Expert understanding of design and implementation of network management systems
- Critical thinking and analytical approach to problem solving
- Basic understanding of routing protocols BGP, OSPF, and ISIS
- Basic understanding of tunneling protocols MPLS, GRE, IPnIP
- Expert knowledge of Linux/Unix, GCP cloud knowledge is preferred
- Basic knowledge of firewalls technologies (PANW preferred)
- BSCS or related field, MS preferred
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $87,800/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.