Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop automated processing scripts or applications for new or current projects utilizing one of the standard coding methodologies on the team
- Analyze, comprehend and investigate process flows of low complexity automations
- Investigate medium complex requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Ability to work proficiently in specific knowledge area of expertise
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions on medium complexity requests and problems within area of expertise
- Solve moderately complex problems and/or conduct medium complex analyses
- Provide explanations and information to others on issues of medium complexity
- Review and troubleshoot potential coding issues on medium complexity items
- Participate/lead in team projects such as system upgrades, documentation updates, and medium complexity conversion automations
- Gather and update business requirements and required materials for automation assessment
- Generate reports as needed for customers
- Handle multiple projects for issues simultaneously
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Assist in creating and maintaining internal team documentation
- Work with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Act as a resource for others with less experience by coaching and provide feedback
- Review and troubleshoot potential coding issues
- Work directly with clients, peer technology, and other development teams
- Work within specified time requirements
- Adhere to the development standards, repository management, release management, time tracking and other policies and guidelines including the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Provide work estimates and status on development assignments to the Product Owner
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state law, including HIPPA
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience working in Microsoft .NET development
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile
- 2+ years of experience facilitating discussions that clarify business requirements
- 1+ years of experience Microsoft SQL Server Coding
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio IDE experience
- GitHub or similar branching source control
- HTML Document Object Model
- Selenium framework
- UI Path System
- Macro Express Coding
- Experience with creating automation tools or automating workflows
- Health Care Industry
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience analyzing and solving business process problems for a process driven environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.