Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care – making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, but we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. #otuhctech #otutswe
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- To learn about our corporate culture, employee benefits and other important aspects of our organization, please click here.
Join the UHC Navigation/Mobile team as a Software Engineer. The team is responsible for developing, maintaining, enhancing and setting a high-quality bar for web and mobile apps which assists end users in navigating their healthcare benefit coverage, claims, finding doctors/facilities, price comparisons and other features.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build extensible and reusable UI components and scalable features that are lightweight and fast for the user
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems
- Accountable for Product quality along with the team. Support the application and keep the quality bar elevated
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with React and/or React Native
- 2+ years of Experience with web or mobile development with relation to the User interface, experience and design
- 2+ years of web or mobile development with understanding of client and server topology and communication
- Product related development experience within design and UX development
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of real-world industry experience
- 3+ years of experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular, React and React Native
- Experience using RESTful APIs and asynchronous JS
- Experience creating accessible web applications (WCAG 2.0 or 508)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience migrating from Angular to React
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect
- Comfortable with Git
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.