Arm's Central Engineering Machine Learning Group is seeking highly motivated and creative Software Engineers to join a cross-site and multi-culture Machine Learning (ML) software team!
This role presents an excellent opportunity to move into ML, the key development for the future of computing. Working on the groundbreaking Arm technology, you will be crafting the software that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, game development and much more.
As a software engineer you are going to be contributing to the design and implementation of a Software Development Kit (SDK), ensuring that it meets all the needs from various users. This includes various areas such as model compiling technologies and high performance runtime libraries targeting next generation GPU hardware.
More than anything else, you must have a willingness to learn new techniques and develop new technologies. Given the impact and reach of this field, you'll have opportunities to share this knowledge with other specialists across the company.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong programming interest, including good C++ skills and knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Understanding of the software lifecycle and agile development process
- Understanding of how to test software and design for robust test automation
- Experience across different development platforms, possibly having worked with software models and development boards
- Ideally exposure to some of the following: compiler development; driver development; knowledge of Neural Network Processing Units (NPU) or
- Graphics Processing Units (GPU) and how they are used for ML.
- Capable of working independently, or in small groups.
- High degree of initiative and a validated problem solver.
- Proficient in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator and able to work and communicate at both detailed and high level.
"Nice To Have" Skills and Experience:
Knowledge of ML tools and techniques are not required, because learning on the job is possible. But if you have background knowledge in this area, be sure to let us know!
We offer a competitive reward package including annual bonus, RSUs, healthcare and wellness support. As well as other benefits such as a supplementary pension, and 25 days annual leave (with option to buy an additional 5 days per year). There's even an on-site gym and social events organised within the company!
We are offering a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.