We’re an innovative tech consultancy – a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
Our clients tell us that our people are the best they’ve worked with – not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the BJSS Software Engineering team, you’ll develop all these skills, and hone them delivering real engagements for a variety of clients.
About the Role
- Very good knowledge of either Node.js or React.js, plus related tools and technologies and open-source libraries and frameworks.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of computing (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack).
- Experience with data persistence frameworks and databases (relational or No-SQL databases)
- Exposure to cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experienced with CI/CD ways of working, and familiar with tools and practices that support a DevOps approach.
- Good working knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- Solid experience working in an Agile delivery team.
- Strong software design skills.
- You consider yourself a talented engineer, driven by your love of technology.
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture
- You are always looking for ways to expand your knowledge and grow your skills.
- A collaborative environment spurs you on, and you get a kick out of delivering high-quality, fully-tested, working software, together with the team.
- You are self-sufficient, self-motivated, and strive for a successful outcome.
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme