Senior Software Engineer Java
A unique opportunity to help design, build and operate public cloud services from the ground up, and learn to be a world-class cloud software engineer.
Oracle’s product engineering teams are building critical services within Oracle’s next-generation public cloud infrastructure known as Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) . These services provide the foundation for businesses around the world as well as Oracle’s Cloud (SaaS) Applications.
With revolutionary innovations in performance, availability, ease of use and security, we designed OCI for the reliability, predictability and quality that the world’s largest companies and smartest start-ups need. We combined the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure. As a result, our customers can run the most demanding workloads, as well as less compute-intensive applications, in a secure and highly available cloud environment.
Candidates will need to demonstrate ability to;
- Write backend code in Java
- Work with containerisation and virtualisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deploy and operate your software in data-centres across the globe.
- Analyse, diagnose and debug issues across a full breadth of our stack
- Debug, maintain and improve existing systems, with a focus on performance and reducing operational burden.
- Scale our operations by building tooling and automation.