Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Basking Ridge NJ or Eden Prairie MN, you will have the flexibility to Work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop full stack applications following Agile development methodologies in a team environment
- Involve in architecture, flow and database model of the application
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to proficiently resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting design changes
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high-quality standards
- Tests and validates coding to ensure accuracy, compliance, efficiency, and scalability
- Uses technical knowledge, experience, and root cause analysis to resolve development and production support issues
- Willingness to learn new technologies and software development practices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the software development team and processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on software engineering, object-oriented and / or functional programming
- 3+ years of experience of web or full stack development experience (e.g. Java, Node, Angular)
- 2+ years of experience building or modifying RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience working with data technologies (such as SQL, GraphDB)
- 1+ years of experience with CICD process and tools (Jenkins, Automation, GIT, Artifactory, XL Deploy, Fortify Scan, Sonar Cube)
- 1+ years of experience with cloud technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years of experience with serverless infrastructure (e.g. FN,Springboot)
- xperience with Agile software development methodology and associated tools (e.g. Rally)
- Experience working in a healthcare background
- Experience with ETL
- Proven ability to effectively work independently or with a team as a software developer
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and articulate concerns, issues or inquires in a timely manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.