Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer to work in Fidelity s Health Care Group in Durham, NC!
Fidelity's Defined Benefit Platform Technology team is seeking highly motivated, Principal Software Engineer to join its dynamic, globally distributed team of IT professionals responsible for design and development of Fidelity's DB Platform Applications at its North Carolina site.
In this role, you will serve as a Java Software Engineer, who will partner within the DB Platform Development team. You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of quality Dockerized java application deployed on Rancher/Kubernetes platform and legacy Cu002Bu002B based applications that are used by Fidelity s workplace participants. You will work closely with the scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features. You will also be encouraged to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the scrum team in accordance with your skills and experiences.
The Expertise We re Looking For
- Expertise to drive meaningful technical discussions, arbitrate and recommend an optimal path forward
- Passion for technology and is experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with supporting teams to get things done in an expedited manner
- Ability to solve real-life problems, design modern solutions for legacy applications
- Show strong judgment and leadership across a multitude of situations and drive decision making taking all factors into account
- Hands-on experience across multiple platforms, and can navigate your way across a sophisticated and rapidly changing technology landscape and stay on top of industry trends
- Experience handling Defined Benefit Pension Plans is a plus
- Angular experience is a plus
The Purpose of Your Role
As a developer you will interact with architecture and management to translate product requirements to technology solutions. You will be responsible for design and implementation of technical solutions to achieve business goals for the product offering
The Skills You Bring
- 5-7 years of experience in Java application development using Spring
- 5u002B years of experience in database design and development using PL/SQL
- Experience in tools and methods to enable efficiency, performance, and agility through automating DevOps processes (Maven, Jenkins, Stash).
- Solid understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies.
- Proven experience or Good understanding of public cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database (e.g. AWS or Azure) is a plus
- Proven experience or Good understanding of Helm, Kubernetes, ConfigMaps and YAML
- Working knowledge of testing automation frameworks like Junit, Mockito etc.
- Knowledge of public/private cloud capabilities including compute, storage, database
- Agile experience and Scrum master certification is a plus
The Value You Deliver
- Help design and implement efficient technology solutions
- Prioritize items based on business value
- Be a resource multiplier by being able to provide technical guidance to other engineers while maintaining your own work list
- Recognize technology trends in the cloud space and assist in adopting new solutions as offered by cloud service providers
- Formulate and drive the tactical and strategic technology direction of the Defined Benefits business for some of the firm s most strategic workplace clients
- Utilizing an in-depth understanding of the business to propose and deliver solutions to increase employer and employee satisfaction around their Defined Benefits experience
- Proposing and delivering strategic efficiency and scale technology solutions
- Maintaining an atmosphere of collaboration, openness and approachability every day
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Workplace Solutions delivers benefits solutions for many of the US largest businesses. Your work will deliver technology to support the Defined Benefit business in Workplace Investing, which will allow for a superior customer experience, innovation in product and service offering, and increased sales and retention.
COVID Work Policy
- Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working Post Pandemic
- Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
- Your success and growth is important to us, so you ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.