Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Work with different stakeholders to author, review, and improve technical and functional specifications, which includes tests description and acceptance criteria;
- Author and contribute, timely and at the appropriate quality level, to the design, development, operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, tests and documentation of the company's application suite;
- Follow and promote development practices and policies in order to produce high quality software which can be easily implemented within the company;
- Use state-of-art software engineering practices and development frameworks – namely Agile – so as to ensure superior quality on every delivery;
- Escalate and follow-up on timely manner any and all the issues that might be a blocker, issue deviation from procedures, guidelines, etc.;
- Create and maintain technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes, and corrections for assigned functions;
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness.
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required.
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines.
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements.
- BE Computer Science/MCA or any other Bachelor's degree with relevant experience
- At least 5 years as a software developer or system engineer in web enabled environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of application architecture
- Will be an added advantage if have past experience working with Laboratory Management related software
- Experience in collaborating on projects in multiple international geographical locations
- Strong Core Java, Spring experience
- Storage understanding of database development using Oracle database.
- Good understanding of database development using Postgres database.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Good understanding of Tomcat / JBoss.
- Good understanding of CI / CD tools like Jenkins, Maven, Git.
- Exposure to development technologies like .NET, AngularJS is preferred.
- Exposure to HTML5 development is preferred.
- Autonomous and Proactive.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make independent judgment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand end-user needs.
- Risk oriented sensitivity.
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- Travels to Eurofins facilities located worldwide may be required. Percentage of working time of approximately 5-10%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.