Ready for a culture shock? With a relaxed dress code, flexible scheduling, and an approachable senior management team who are open to hearing your feedbackwere not your traditional corporate culture. Operating more like a family than a small business, were continually looking for ways to help our employees, as well as provide a great work environment.
Every day, we get to work doing the same thing as the day before: making the training for our military faster, better, and cheaper. It was true at the inception of AVT Simulation and its just as true today.
Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to get more effective training to those who need it the most. We do that by building a talented, diverse team that makes a positive impact on our company and our work.
Software engineers are responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and documentation of software applications. A software engineer is expected to be able to apply industry best practices to a problem space to develop an optimal solution in new or existing codebases.
* Makes targeted modifications to existing software applications as well as develop new components and systems as requirements dictate.
* Defines their work in both requirements and industry standard methods.
* Performs unit tests of their work and adhere to applicable coding standards.
* Leverages internal reuse and Free Open Source Software (FOSS) to the extent allowed to minimize cost and maximize productivity.
* Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
* Implementation and application of sound AVT configuration management processes and adherence to AVT software CM and development policy and procedures.
* Understands and adheres to cost and schedule targets established during the program design phase.
* Responsible for establishing, conducting, and documenting software testing based on customer requirements.
* Works on the overall design and development of software products as well as software applications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
* 15+ years of experience.
* Unmanaged software language experience required.
* Object oriented software language experience required.
* Configuration management tools experience required.
* Experience with building to requirements and/or synthesizing requirements required.
* Experience in software design languages required.
Essential Mental Requirements
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Basic math skills including linear algebra.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documentation.
* Ability to analyze problems using scientific and logical thinking.
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook)
* Atlassian JIRA
* Atlassian Confluence
* Development Environments such as: Visual Studio, GNU make, Eclipse
* US Government security clearance may be required and candidate must be eligible.
*Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Founded in 1998 by an engineer, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based, end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and simulation small business. Since our beginning, AVT's highly specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex problems.
AVT has always been a company that strives to make a positive difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a strong partner to work with.
– People First
– Mission Excellence
– Do the Right Thing
People First is our first and most important core value because we firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting our employees. We have a lot of fun (with regular employee events and engagements), while still working hard to accomplish our mission of serving our military and the warfighter.
We're looking for candidates that embody these core values, know how to have fun while working hard, and think they would thrive in an environment like ours. If you're a self-motivated individual, then come join AVT. Come make your difference.
EOE – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting www.avtsim.com/careers and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Powered by JazzHR