BBC Audience Platform is responsible for the platform systems at the centre of the BBC's aim to make a personalised BBC Online for everyone. We create components, systems and services that enable people's experience of BBC Online to be tailored by their activities and interactions; everything from content recommendations in iPlayer, to enabling people to comment on BBC News articles. Our services enable and underpin offerings from the BBC's major brands including iPlayer, Sounds, BBC News, Sport, Bitesize and so much more; giving our services unparalleled reach.
Within Audience Platform we have three focus areas: BBC Account, Audience Data & Analytics, and Personalisation & Participation. Each area comprises highly functioning, multi-disciplinary teams working in an Agile way. BBC Account as multi-disciplinary team is responsible for the BBC's identity service and user-facing account proposition. We've already enabled over ~50m people to create and use their BBC account every month, and have big ambitions to grow the product to reach hundreds of millions of people and help them get more out of the BBC.
As a Mobile Engineer in the BBC Account team, you will develop libraries and services that provide authorisation, authentication and personalisation capabilities for all the mobile apps created by the BBC (e.g. iPlayer, Sport, News, Weather, etc.).
- Analysing and solving complex problems to deliver innovative products to our clients and users.
- Developing high-quality code, tests, documentation and scripts; ensuring they are understandable, maintainable and minimise risk.
- Supporting members of the team with mentoring, pairing, code reviewing and driving the adoption of best practices.
- Learning about new technologies and techniques and assess their applicability and usefulness to our products and our clients.
- Providing support to other teams within the BBC with integration issues and problem solving.
Our welcoming, supportive and remote first team culture has grown organically from our shared values of high-quality user-focused products, collaborative knowledge sharing, accessibility, mentoring and coaching, pairing, flexibility, continuous improvement, personal growth, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for passionate developers who are excited by what's happening in the mobile space, looking to challenge themselves.
You should have good Mobile Engineering skills and experience of iOS development, writing automated tests, see problems as exciting opportunities to innovate and go beyond expectations.
Contract type: Perm -Full time
We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18 th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae'r sefyllfa gyda'r coronafeirws yn datblygu'n gyflym, ac mae'r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau'r risg, dim ond y bobl sy'n hanfodol i'n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau'r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18 fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here