Dear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and doers: We want you. DataStax is the open, multi-cloud stack for modern data apps. DataStax gives enterprises the freedom of choice, simplicity, and true cloud economics to deploy massive data, delivered via APIs, powering rich interactions on multi-cloud, open source and Kubernetes. We subscribe to a set of principles that guide how we collaboratively work together. We inspire each other with our valuesobsessing over users and enterprises, taking action and focusing on results, innovating in technology, products, and everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of DataStax's culture and help drive our decisions.
We're looking for talented Infrastructure Security engineers with a passion for learning and execution to join our Security Engineering Team. In this role, you will be working to build engineering solutions to secure our cloud environments where all our SaaS products are hosted. If you are interested in working on challenging security and scalability problems in a fast paced and multi-cloud environment, this is the role for you!
Our engineers take an active role throughout the lifecycle of the project development by collaborating extensively with internal teams across DataStax. They create technical designs, perform code reviews, coordinate releases, support existing customers, and review documentation for the project. We are also a remote-first company, and thus primarily communicate via Slack, video calls, or email sync.
What You Will Do
- As an Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, shipping and owning security solutions that will help secure the cloud environments where our SaaS products are hosted. In this, you will work very closely with the InfoSec Team to identify the gaps and get them plugged.
- You will identify open source and 3rd party vendor solutions, evaluate them using POCs and adapt them to our business needs and operationalize them in the Datastax environment.
- You will work with the rest of the engineering organization to build out and maintain the Security Architecture for the production environment. And you will make periodic recommendations to adapt it as the threat landscape evolves.
- You will evangelize and provide consultations across the organization in matters relevant to security.
Your Experience Should Include
- Strong security knowledge in Network Security, Container Security, Authentication, Encryption and IAM.
- Proven experience securing components and workloads deployed in a public cloud environment like AWS, GCP or Azure. Multi cloud experience is a huge plus.
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes clusters running in a cloud environment and its security settings and configurations
- Solid Coding skills in a scripting language like Terraform, Python, Golang or equivalent
- Good understanding of Large scale Distributed Systems & Microservices Architecture
- Ability to participate in Security Incidents, provide data for post incident analysis and handle customer escalations
- Familiar with Compliance and Auditing practices
- Aligns with Datastax values
- Demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm and positivity
- Quality first and continuous improvement attitude
- Team player and agile development mindset
If this motivates you, we'd love to hear from you! Would you like to join our crew?