Looking to QA with a purpose? Freedom to think and work independently? Solve problems that matter? Fight the national infrastructure crisis head on? Well then, keep on reading.
Who We Are
Optimize Your Buildings and Infrastructure with Cartegraph.
Cities and Counties. Colleges and Universities. Parks, Utilities, and More.
Cartegraph builds safer, more resilient, and more sustainable communities through better stewardship of critical infrastructure. We design, build, and sell powerful, intuitive software solutions that help local government agencies, utilities, and educational institutions manage their physical assets and associated operations. With Cartegraph, users optimize the performance of their assets, drive efficiencies, maximize resources, and reduce costs through smarter, data-driven decisions.
Cartegraph is seeking a talented, motivated Software Engineer to build automated tests for enterprise web and mobile applications. You are an analytical problem solver and can automate your way out problems. Youll collaborate with a wicked smart team to build cutting-edge products that are changing the way our cities and counties run.
We are looking for someone to bring quality engineering experience and passion to the team to elevate our already high quality standards.
Youll be testing web applications using modern tools and frameworksincluding Angular, TypeScript, Ionic and Cypress end-to-end testing. Our back-end is C# .NET with SQL Server. We automate everything from check-in to deployment, employing Agile DevOps principles. Youll be actively creating / maintaining automated test suites to support the product development and release process. Youll also work with the latest tools like Azure DevOps, GIT, Esri, and Cypress to validate user experiences our customers will love.
Really like where you live? No worries, relocating to Dubuque, IA is not required. Weve built a remote culture (years before the pandemic) that allows you to work from anywhere. We have special meet-ups every year to team build, kick back, and have fun.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Work across our team that includes Developers, Testers, Business Analysts and UX Designers to help change the world.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten our test cycles through automation.
- Promote a culture of continual improvement through our automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Work well independently while being a champion of automated testing, and quality assurance, across the entire team.
- Execute and manage test cases and test results; reporting on test and defect metrics.
- Develop scripts and utilities for the automation of routine tasks that have historically been done manually.
- Continually expand scope of automated test coverage.
- Perform application, security, regression, load, and performance-level tests.
- Stay current with the latest, most relevant technologies and trends in software development with an eye towards automated testing.
- Support the troubleshooting of deployment and production issues.
- Participate in lively technology discussions where your opinion is truly valued and respected.
What You Bring To The Table
- Experience with automated software testing with a strong focus on quality.
- Youve got a four-year degree, preferably a technical degree, or equivalent industry experience.
- Understand software design principles, patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Proven ability to translate user story acceptance criteria into working, automated, test plans.
- You like problem solving and writing programs and utilities that automate the routine / manual tasks.
- You find ways to build utilities and scripts that standardize the way work is completed.
- You take pride and ownership in the software and user experiences you QA.
- You believe in Agile and continuous deployment to obtain rapid customer feedback.
- Youre professional, but know how to have fun while killing it.
- You're innovative, and don't settle for the status quo.
- You have a crazy eye for detail.
- Youre organized, manage your time well, and stand behind your work.
- You have experience with and/or desire to learn cutting-edge web technologies and next generation applications and tooling.
- You are a confident, forward-thinker whos solid in QA and Agile processes and concepts.
Minimal, up to 10%.
We tried to narrow down to just 5 reasons to work here, but it was impossible…
- Opportunities to apply your skills and experiences with an established industry leader
- Options to grow your career with Cartegraph's Career Pathing program
- Collaborative work environment
- Co-workers with a passion for what they do
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 15 days of PTO in just your first year (whoa)
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness & EAP Program
- One week sabbatical every five years
- Paid holidays (plus a couple extra days)
- 401k plan with generous employer match
- Social events, coffee and snacks, foosball, and more…
- Learn more about working at Cartegraph and our Midwest-Nice culture:
Cartegraph's Culture Video
In our efforts to recruit those who will elevate our success and ensure a proper career fit, we invite you to complete the Culture Index Survey. The survey contains two questions and should take no more than 10-15 minutes. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
Cartegraph is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. If you are unable to complete our online employment application or require an accommodation to do so, please call 563-587-3366 for assistance.