Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Precision Radiation Medicine is revolutionizing cancer care. Bringing together science, technology, and clinical intelligence. My client is working towards a future where everyone who needs it can benefit from precise and individually tailored radiotherapy treatments.
Bring your passion in medical software, experience and technical expertise and join a talented team of Engineers in the QA solutions team.
What is the role?
- You will be a key contributing member developing a software platform that centralizes all the end-to-end machine quality assurance activities for radiation therapy at radiation oncology departments in hospitals and clinics.
- You will collaborate with other software developers, physicists, product and project managers, and verification & validation professionals, contributing to this product as part of larger software and hardware solutions.
- The position involves a mix of manual and automated testing, towards increasing automation under a micro service-based architecture environment.
- The role requires getting hands on to diagnose, design and develop great solutions, becoming part of a great team doing a great thing.
What will you bring to the team?
- You will bring your passion for problem solving, adopting pragmatic and holistic approach to software and system verification.
- You will be able to effectively communicate with different stakeholders and be an advocate in driving a quality mindset.
- As part of the technical leadership, you will help develop others and the team to grow within an agile environment.
- You will play a key role in defining the verification strategy for our current product, supporting not only our near-term business roadmap but also towards our long-term initiatives as part of our radiotherapy solution portfolio.
Location, Working environment and Interview:
- Competitive Salary + excellent benefits package
- Based in Crawley near to Gatwick airport, in a modern and spacious office with good transport links via rail, bus, and car.
- Opportunity for flexible / hybrid working which will be discussed at interview.
- The hiring process is a multi-phase interview process including an initial 30-minute phone interview and a face-to-face interview with technical test.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Several years’ working as a Verification Engineer, Software Developer in Test, or Test Automation Engineer, developing test automation scripts and frameworks using at least one standard programming or scripting language.
- Experience in both Verification using Manual and Automation methods.
- OO design principles, data structures and database concepts
- Full stack development using Java, .NET platform (C#, .NET Core)
- Relational database: SQL
- Experience of CI/CD
- Understanding and experience of Agile.
- Knowledge and understanding of software engineering disciplines, practices, and techniques.
- Understanding and experience of the overall SDLC for application development
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Striving mindset for holistic understanding of the problem at hand, and pragmatic approach in design decisions
- Willingness to challenge assumptions, view problems as opportunities for growth and improvement
- Structured and professional approach to engineering
Skills that would set you apart from the rest!
- SAFe methodologies.
- Previous experience of Medical Devices (or other regulated/safety critical areas)
- Image processing knowledge / experience and understanding of DICOM standard
- Back end: Microservices, REST APIs, SQL, Rabbit MQ
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps
- Domain Driven Design practices
- Asynchronous programming and event driven systems using Message queues