Software Engineer in Test
We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer in Test to work in Durham, NC!
The team works on the Managed Account product suite to build an outstanding experience for the Fidelity customers. In this role you will interact with both internal and external tech partners as well as business partners within the firm.
As a Senior contributor you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to craft, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve agent-facing software solutions. You will also be enabling your Scrum team in adopting Test Automation Pyramid, test automation frameworks and standard methodologies to ensure we are building the right product, and we are building it right.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related field
- 6+ years of professional software development experience in a diverse set of distributed application development and middleware technologies such REST Web Services, Java, PLSQL, HTML, and Selenium with a focus on Test Driven Development
- Demonstrable experience with DevOps best-practices and tools (Jenkins, Maven, GIT Stash)
- Working experience with test automation frameworks (Cucumber, Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Parasoft SOAtest, Service Virtualize)
- Hands-on experience with crafting and using Test Doubles and Virtual Assets
- Experience with open source frameworks
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in delivering software in the Agile environment
The Value You Deliver
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote accurate software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests, performance tests, scenario tests and interoperability tests
- Support crafting reliable, portable, accurate and trustworthy tests, and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Enable the team in designing and developing automation harnesses using Selenium, Protractor or Robot Framework
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You'll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you'll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.