Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer in Test to work in Fidelity’s Software Engineering (Home) group in Westlake, TX or Durham, NC!
Our chapter comprises teams that work on delivering a new world-class Digital Identify Proofing Platform to serve the needs of millions of Fidelity customers. We are looking for highly motivated, passionate, and inquisitive product-aware engineers to join the Fidelity Enterprise Corporate Technology team to work in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment, while delivering world-class security solutions to ensure Fidelity customers are protected in a constantly evolving cyber-threat landscape.
Our team builds a new cloud-native Digital Identity Proofing Platform to enable the differentiated Fidelity customer experience and, to reduce fraud, better adhere to data regulations, and drive technology simplicity across the firm. We focus on delivering end-to-end, cloud-native, digital solutions where scalability, stability and security are our highest priority. We are obsessed with simplifying complex problems by automating everything and monitoring the right things!
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve Fidelity customer-facing software solutions. You will also be enabling your Scrum team in adopting test automation frameworks and standard processes to ensure we are building the right products, and we are building them the right way.
The Expertise You Have
- Full-stack engineer with knowledge in a breadth of test automation and mock frameworks and service virtualization tools
- Expertise in building and testing large-scale cloud-native (AWS, Azure) digital enterprise applications on micro-services, serverless and event-driven architectures
- Practical knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promotes proper software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security, testable and maintainable software.
- An attitude of test first development and a deep expertise in creating unit and environment-agnostic integration tests, as well as experienced in modern test and mock frameworks and service virtualization tools. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone’s job.
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) certifications are a plus
The Skills You Bring
- A proven foundation in software engineering bachelor’s degree + preferred, 10+ years of experience
- Experience with building and automating testing of Java REST microservices and Kafka-based event streaming solutions using test automation frameworks is a really nice to have skill
- Working experience with test automation tools and frameworks (Cucumber, REST Assured, WireMock, JMeter etc.)
- Development using Java, Maven, and Stash
- Proficient with using Test Doubles and Virtual Assets, and creating environment-agnostic Integration tests
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to facilitate collaboration across technology and business partners without having a direct authority over people
- Curious, motivated, can-do attitude, self-directed, proactive, and results oriented
The Value You Deliver
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability, and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintaining application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests, performance tests, scenario tests and interoperability tests
- Support the team in designing reliable, portable, accurate and trustworthy tests, and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Security focused mentality to safeguard our customers assets and to protect the firm
COVID work policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will be moved to our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [email protected] ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.