Software Engineer III – ERP Systems
About the role:
Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer who will analyze, design, build, modify, debug, test, and implement software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, cloud, or integrated systems. Understands completes SDLC documentation, and procedures for all phases of software development lifecycle. A successful candidate will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user and system requirements. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports upgrades and launched applications in the production environment.
About the Team:
The application team works in close partnership with our Protiviti business to help support and manage their Financials ERP system. We pride ourselves with driving for exceptional customer service and employee experiences. Our Cloud hosted ERP system enables Protiviti to manage day-to-day business activities such as accounting, project management, time and expense processing, invoicing, budgeting, risk management and compliance. The ERP suite also enables Protiviti to plan, budget, predict, and report on the organization’s financial results for North America and the APAC regions. Protiviti has an extraordinary number of new projects planned for the next few years, including the deployment of the current ERP system to the EMEA operations. Join our robust team of engineers and business analysts in contributing towards the needs of both today and into the future of our professional staffing customer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design and Develop large and complex modules and components of larger system designs. Completely develop low to medium complexity programs.
- Able to code effectively on any component within an end to end system (db, middleware, front end).
- Able to analyze, design and code effectively design and code on any component within an end to end system (db, middleware, front end).
- Understanding of cloud architecture and related technologies.
- Able to work on ERP systems.
- Perform design & code reviews for Level I and Level II and provides feedback and support.
- Has design authority at module level for system design.
- Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
- Reviews unit test plan and results for Level I and Level II staff.
- Define integration test strategy and plan.
- Analyze and resolve highly complex production issues defining approach and guidelines as required to resolve issue.
- Support on-call duties.
- Level III support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting.
- 5+ years’ experience writing/modifying programs for a mid to large size application.
- 5+ years’ experience administering and/or configuring an application.
- Good Knowledge of SQL / Database Development
- Good Knowledge of .Net, C#
- Experience in Application Integration Web Services, REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Experience working with ERP/Business Systems – Ex. Deltek Maconomy, Oracle Financials. SAP. PeopleSoft
- Experience working from functional design documents
- Experience supporting enterprise applications such as ERP
- Exposure to ETL tools such as Pentaho
- Experience with GITHub/Version Control
- Experience with JIRA or similar products
- 2+ years’ experience mentoring and leading junior software engineers.
- Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
- Excellent knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Excellent knowledge of n-tiered architecture.
- Excellent knowledge DB concepts.
- Good knowledge of XML interfaces and web services.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to HRSolutions@roberthalf.com or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA SAN RAMON CORP