Our aim is to transform banking – we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.
The Customer Security Division owns a group of highly available services that process user authentication and security mechanisms for a wide set of 10x platform users. Our goal is to build a best-in-class platform that is highly available, scales to unprecedented levels and provides the lowest possible latency. We work in a dynamic and exciting environment where we are constantly looking for new way to measure the performance and quality of our service and use data to drive continuous improvement.
As a software development engineer for the identity team, you are an engineer who is passionate about working with cutting edge technologies, primarily with the ForgeRock space and will bring deep technical knowledge and experience with distributed systems to develop key user authentication feature for the 10x Platform. You are proven to have built software, collaborating with key stakeholders and a team adhering to high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of Test Driven Development or, ideally, Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with core ForgeRock components, in-particular OpenAM, OpenDJ, and OpenCTS.
- Hands-on and technical: Solid systems design, problem solving, ability to code, and contribute to on-going development and development practices.
- A deep understanding of Java 8 and Enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring (particularly Spring Boot and Spring Security)
- Experience building RESTful APIs but experience of GraphQL and gRPC would also be of interest
- Experience with SQL databases e.g. CockroachDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good experience of Continuous Integration e.g. SonarQube, Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
- Good experience of delivering in an Agile manner, particularly Scrum
- Good experience building and operating services on AWS
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Bank/Public Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Health Care via AXA PPP, with the option to add your family
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Enhanced parental policies, dependent on tenure
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
More About 10x
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries – proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach: Transformation, Integrity and Impact.
Learn more at
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x – we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
As part of the application process we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your personal attributes for the purposes of reporting and monitoring only. The capture of this information will not influence the hiring process but will help us monitor progress against our diversity and inclusion ambitions.
- ID: 7127E74865
- Department: Product and Engineering
- Type: full time