Works throughout the software development life cycle and performs in a utility capacity to create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate applications with a broad understanding of a variety of languages and architectures. Analyzes existing applications or formulate logic for new applications, procedures, flowcharting, coding and debugging programs. Maintains and utilizes application and programming documents in the development of code. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Creates appropriate deliverables and develops application implementation plans throughout the life cycle in a flexible development environment.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- At least 3 years of experience in application development in an HP Nonstop (legacy Tandem) environment, using Guardian and/or OSS
- Expert-level coding skills in the HP Nonstop environment using a combination of TAL, TACL, SCOBOL, COBOL
- Functional knowledge of both SQL and Enscribe databases and DDL
- Coding experience with C, Java, and Python
- Previous experience with test automation tools and test case development.
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills