Engineering is at the centre of our business, with a string focus on innovative thinking and working together to allow strategic and commercial delivery that meets the needs of a very dynamic environment.
Our Equities Post-Trade engineering team builds highly scalable software systems, architected for high throughput low latency streaming while keeping security and data privacy top of mind. We work closely with front office cash Equities businesses to gather requirements, understand flows and implement solutions for multiple internal consumers of trading activity including booking, regulatory reporting, compliance and Equities Data Platform. The platforms we manage are global, deployed and managed in all major hubs.
Working as part of the EMEA team you will improve existing systems, add new platform features and build to meet new business requirements. You will design solutions that have to handle millions of events daily, can cope with bursts in volumes and operate in a distributed manner. You will be involved in all parts of the project life-cycle including requirements, design, implementation and testing. You will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues in execution engineering, trading and sales, operations, regulatory and compliance and to develop in a technology stack that includes Java, Kafka, Flink and MemSQL/SingleStore.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced Core Java Developer with Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with major SDLC tools such as GitLab, JIRA, Gradle, JUnit
- Experience building distributed and complex event processing systems, transaction sequencing architectures
- Experience with JVM internals, tuning for low-latency, GC-free real-time operation, concurrent programming and networking stack
- Experience managing deployments and developing in a Linux based environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity