Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for executing the technical initiatives our product counterparts. You will be hands on and involved in the delivery of key product initiatives for the OnePass product. The OnePass team delivers a health product that tailors to the individual's needs, enabling users to take charge and make the most of their fitness experience. Working within a team comprised of diverse skills, you will build engaging user interfaces and develop internally used tools to deliver content across several web platforms.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Providing technical leadership to innovate, design, and deliver applications that will scale to support the needs of our customers and the business
- Communicating and promoting the value of the applications to engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Understanding stakeholder requirements and translating those into outstanding developer experiences, sound architectural decisions, and technology selection
- Supporting problem solving of production issues and maintenance of code as needed
- Working across all subject areas with partners to raise issues proactively that may impact delivery commitments, drive software initiatives forward, and ensure internal adoption
- Producing and deploying secure code to production and keeping operational excellence of it to high standards
- Understanding and modifying existing code as well as developing new scripts and set up new data processing workflows
- Writing backend code using Scala
- Contributing to frontend code stack in React
- Developing APIs and web microservices
- Integrating third-party APIs, and the ability to understand them in several formats
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience and proficiency in Python, Java, Kotlin, and/or Scala
- Background in Scala/Java or another compiled language
- Unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL
- Knowledge of REST/HTTP, JSON and backend systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 3+ years of real industry experience
- Real world experience in Scala/Java or another compiled language
- Experience with Postgres, Elasticsearch, and/or MongoDB a plus
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS, EC2)
- Familiarity with API platforms such as Mashery or Kong
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.