We are building a core banking platform that can scale up to serve a billion customers across different banks around the world. As well as providing familiar features such as bank cards, savings accounts and mortgages, our primary goal is to have the platform work every single time. No exceptions. We never want a customer to have their card declined because of an outage or defect.
We do this by blending cutting-edge technologies with battle-hardened and proven principles around architecture, security and delivery.
Our tech stack
- Java / Spring Boot ecosystem (and some Kotlin)
- Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, AWS
- Kafka, Redis, CockroachDB (PostgresSQL)
- Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube, Snyk, Checkmarx
You know that “perfect is the enemy of great”, and that software engineering isn't about admiring problems but about collaborating to find solutions that work. Your experience of building fast, scalable, distributed systems underscores this.
We believe diversity of thought is crucial in helping us find broader solutions to tough challenges. We have dedicated teams with bags of experience in banking and financial services, so the engineers we recruit can stretch their talents regardless of domain background. Your role demands that you’re a self-starter with a passion for software craftsmanship, ready to identify and articulate areas of improvement into deliverable features.
- Proven experience developing JVM-based microservices running in Kubernetes, and taking them through all stages of the development life cycle.
- Proven experience building cloud-based solutions using AWS.
- Applicable knowledge of event streaming technologies (e.g. Kafka).
- You write high quality, clean code that’s reliable, maintainable and performant.
- You have a deep understanding of best practices in agile software development.
- You’re good at managing stakeholders, and can teach, mentor and empower others.
- You can assess the technical trade-offs and deliverables needed to create optimal solutions.
Ideally you will have…
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with a large cross-section of people, to effectively drive consensus and standardisation.
- Experience supporting distributed, low latency and high availability systems in a production environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience developing with Spring Boot.
- Performance tuning and reliability expertise.
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday, plus bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare via AXA PPP, with the option to add your family
- Bonus scheme and options pool
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Car scheme (ULEVs)
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Enhanced parental leave (dependant on tenure)
More About 10x
Our home is in London, but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia. We provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and startups. Learn more at
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, diversity and inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x. We welcome and promote diversity among our people and applicants.
- ID: C3EEB21D1A
- Type: full time