A global technology company that was established in 1984 that build technology solutions for the Financial Services industry are now looking to hire x2 Software Engineers.
The role is hybrid working (2-3 days in the office per week) and located in WD18 Post code / Watford. The successful candidates will work for a company that have a footprint that spans Australia, UK, Hong Kong, Vietnam and the US. They have over 100 clients within the investment banking, stockbroking, superannuation and funds management arena.
The client is investing heavily in the future of their organisation, technology and importantly the teams. With a range of products for key market sectors, their clients have been using their software for up to 30 years. They have a strong history of helping clients support their customers with continuously evolving products and right now they are investing heavily in upgrading and enhancing our product range to continue to meet their needs.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working in a cross functional team using Agile practices to develop and maintain code for our products. You will be responsible for:
- Working in an Agile team to gain a solid understanding of business requirements
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying software solutions to meet customer requirements
- Providing Client support
Required skills & experience:
- 1- 2 years’ experience as a developer in a similar role
- Intermediate or stronger Java skills with experience building, deploying and supporting Java applications
- Experience with Oracle, PL/SQL, Postgres or other RDBMS technologies
- Experience with Git, BitBucket or other version control systems
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Unit, Integration and Regression Testing
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience working in a cross functional team
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of Linux
- AWS experience
- Experience with distributed teams
- Knowledge of finance industry
- Ability to learn, change and adapt
- Exposure to relevant test frameworks including TDD and BDD
Please contact me for a quick reply.