Note: This is a fully remote position, with preference for the EU timezone.
About Kosen Labs
We are a team of ex-Google DeepMind AI researchers and engineers with extensive experience in designing and implementing cutting edge solutions to machine learning and numerical optimisation problems.
The mission of Kosen Labs is to bring the benefits of AI & advanced optimization to the DeFi space and beyond, all while keeping entry barriers low for the end user and allowing everyone to partake in the new decentralised economy.
We are funded by top-tier Silicon Valley and crypto-native VCs, such as Andreessen Horowitz and Framework Ventures.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to expand the Engineering team. In this role you will use and extend your knowledge on backend systems and infrastructure engineering as well as contribute to our platform that empowers Kosen tech ecosystem. You will develop tools and services in various domains, ensure seemingless integration of systems in a secure, efficient, reliable manner. You will productionalize ML pipelines and establish MLOps fundamentals.
- Build a platform for handling research workloads reliably and efficiently in the cloud. Establish MLOps fundamentals to orchestrate ML pipelines in an efficient and scalable way.
- Productionalize various data backend systems and ML pipelines. Develop tools, services and processes to empower new features. Improve transparency within complex workloads and systems.
- Continuously improve fault-tolerance, interoperability and security of our tech ecosystem.
- Design and develop reusable software components and libraries shared by our research and production systems.
- Contribute to core initiatives from the get go, being a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in a technical subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to create abstractions with an understanding of the long-term impacts of complex technical decisions.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, e.g. through discussions, whiteboard sessions, written documentation and strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to write very high-quality, well-tested code and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech ecosystem.
Useful Technical Experience Includes:
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Experience with Python (Java, Go, C++ is nice to have).
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, building real-time and asynchronous systems in a secure, efficient and reliable manner.
- Experience in operating business critical large-scale systems, ideally ML systems or algorithmic products.
- Familiarity with database fundamentals and SQL.
- Exposure to and understanding of blockchain technology, DeFi & crypto economic protocols is nice to have.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Rigorous attention to detail and a desire to deliver high-quality work;
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and web 3.0;
- Continuous adaptability to new & emerging industry standards, and is keen to be part of a team that is on the leading edge of the latest technologies.
- Competitive salary;
- Equity and token allocation;
- Remote-first, flexible, and fun working environment;
- Unlimited time off;
- Occasional paid travel costs to conferences and off-sites.