Main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
- Software development of solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
- Adherence to project processes and software development practices
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Diagnosing and solving identified issues
- Design of technical solutions
- Estimation of development activities
As part of the software team, you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing) and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
- Experience of software development including desktop-based applications in an appropriate language: C++, Java
- Windows or Linux target environments
- Object-oriented design/development including UML
- Project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
- A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
- MFC experience
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.