Build and Deploy Tools is charged with building and supporting an end-to-end continuous integration and deployment pipeline. Our tooling allows engineering teams to deploy distributed systems at scale across our data center and public clouds.
This team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to our platform to simplify the experience of maintaining software in a complex environment.
What You’ll Do
- Build and support CI/CD tooling to enable our migration to a distributed multi-cloud environment.
- Coordinate with Data Platform teams to enable new features within our deploy platform and ease of use.
- Support internal teams as they onboard onto our platform and evolve with our growing automation capabilities.
- 2+ years professional experience with hands-on experience and proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Groovy, Java, Python or similar
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, GitHub Actions, Ansible, AWS CodeBuild, Bamboo
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker container ecosystems
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing with a passion for growth and collaboration
- Experience with Argo or other GitOps workflow technologies
- Experience with Terraform and Atlantis automation
- Strong testing abilities. Consideration of both automated testing and monitoring to improve team efficiency and reliability of production services
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.