Major OEM is hiring for a Software Development Engineer. This roll will lead the creation, maintenance, and release of the OEM software platform architecture. The right candidate will have AUTOSAR Architectures experience and be able to collaborate with various internal partners for continuous improvement.
- Partition the technology layer functions and interfaces to support reusability, flexibility, maintainability, and modularization of vehicle software architecture.
- Manage software component deployment to electronic modules with internal and external partners.
- Support the definition of interfaces that influence communication data for different networks including CAN, LIN, and Ethernet utilizing AUTOSAR design principles.
- Create and manage vehicle control service APIs through the API development lifecycle.
- Release the architecture description, views, and APIs of the vehicle software platform for end users and applications.
- Govern the software platform interfaces by participating in cross-functional team discussions to ensure alignment with various partners.
- Collaborate with various internal partners for continuous improvement of the architecture release process and deliverables.
- Ability to think from a top-down design perspective to create the vehicle software architecture.
- Advanced knowledge and application of SOA principles in automotive.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262, SysML/UML modeling, and cybersecurity.
- 3+ years of work experience in automotive systems or automotive software development.
- Work experience in AUTOSAR software component design; service oriented architecture (SOA); or systems/software architecture development.
- Work experience in Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR generating ECU extracts; creating vehicle service specifications for automotive SOA framework; or working with automotive Ethernet.
- Work experience in descriptive modeling using MagicDraw or a similar toolset.
- Work experience in creating architectural trade-off analyses- looking at functional safety (ISO 26262), cybersecurity, software attribute, and hardware attribute trade-offs.
- Experience working in an Agile team using Jira for issue management tracking.
- High level software architecture or system architecture/engineering experience.
- Software development experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
- Master of Science in Computer, Software, Systems, or Electrical Engineering OR Computer Science
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.