Our story Here at MediaKind, we put life first.
MediaKind offers remote flexibility, where you’re encouraged to be creative and enjoy the freedom to explore what you’re capable of. We are a diverse mix of cultures spread across the globe, yet all working together and contributing towards achieving our company vision. With nearly 2,000 kick-ass innovators, we are growing at a rapid pace in an immensely exciting and rapidly expanding industry.
When it comes to hiring talent, we look for game-changers. We need you to be inspired, passionate and ready to adapt at speed. In return, we’ll offer you balance between work and personal time. This means, that where legally possible, we'll offer you a flexible “work anywhere” approach to your day and give you unlimited paid time-off.
We recognize the importance of your happiness, mental health and physical wellbeing, so we offer a wide range of initiatives we call MediaKindness, designed to promote just that. MediaKind will also look after your career every step of the way and encourage your growth through learning & development.
Because of our people, anything is possible at MediaKind. They make us what we are, and together are shaping the future of media technology.
Want to be part of a revolution? Join us!
About The Team
MediaKind has some fantastic opportunities to join an experienced team who develop and drive the tooling to support the ongoing design, development and delivery of the increasingly cloud-based deployments.
We work in an environment that encourages an enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers. Our team have a natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills, and we promote a continuous improvement mindset and high standards of delivery.
What You'll Be Doing
As a MediaKind Software Engineer, you will be joining a dynamic, ideas-driven and socially-active software engineering team, where there has been a shift from custom designed, embedded hardware to cloud based processing using COTS IT technology.
You will join the existing development teams in driving the development of the tooling which supports the ongoing design, development and delivery of the increasingly cloud-based deployments.
As an engaging individual, you’ll have no issues with working closely with the wider engineering team. On a regular basis, you will be working closely with architects, developers, product owners and business stakeholders to design and deliver innovative solutions across the ever-evolving and constantly exciting domain of Media Management.
- Our engineers consistently go above and beyond the call of duty, constantly seeking improvements in their work and to evolve our market-leading solutions. We expect you to take a pragmatic approach to your work, collaborating every day and keeping an open mind when it comes to innovation and driving ideas.
- Here at MediaKind, we’ve worked hard to create a strong and diverse culture, one built on trust, performance and above all, a sense of team-spirit. Our Software Engineers embody this on a daily basis and represent the MediaKind brand with pride.
- You’ll be proficient with Linux, namely Ubuntu and Centos and have an interest in technologies such as Rabbit MQ and Mongo DB.
- You will have exposure to standard development practices, have a good understanding of object-oriented principles and have a track record with source control, using a tool such as Git or SVN.
- Lastly, if you’re really showing off, you’ll be au-fait with the following: Docker, Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Kubernetes.