Who We Are
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the worlds streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the worlds top consumer brands, were working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. Were individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet The Team
The Onboard Platforms team deals with the primary processors and the internal network on Argos autonomous vehicle platform. Our work is wide ranged – we cover bootloaders, Linux kernels/OS, network design and implementation, and security for multiple systems within Argo. As a build and release engineer within the team, youll be managing the release of software deliverables to both internal and external customers by generating builds, helping to direct validation testing, and ensuring that proper release procedures are followed by the Onboard Platforms team. This is a position that provides exposure to a variety of technical areas including networking, operating systems, hardware/hardware support, and CI/CD infrastructure.
What Youll Do
- Work directly with hardware engineers, software engineers and our operations team to build a world class autonomous vehicle
- Refine and automate existing build processes for Onboard Platform deliverables
- Manage the release for multiple software deliverables (bootloaders, Linux OS/kernel builds, firmware, software configuration) to both internal and external customers
- Work with team leads and project managers to improve release processes
- Support software test teams to help shepherd projects through to release
- Participate in software test and release planning
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- At least 2 years experience developing or testing embedded systems in robotics, transportation, aerospace, datacom/telecom, or similar industries
- Some exposure to Yocto
- Proficiency with Python or shell scripting
- Knowledge of the general embedded software development process and life cycle
- Familiarity with Linux and Linux-based toolchains
Nice To Haves
- Experiences with integrating builds into CI environment
- Familiarity with any of the following processor families: Intel Atom, NXP iMX8, Intel Tiger Lake
What We Offer You
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the worlds leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.