Who We Are
Second Dinner is an independent game development studio that is here to make the most fun games in the world. Not super fun games. Not SUPER DUPER fun games. We mean the MOST fun games. And for our first game, MARVEL SNAP, we’re partnering with Marvel. That’s right, we get to play in the Marvel Universe!!
While we are headquartered in Irvine, California, most of our team is fully remote. We want the most talented teammates wherever they call home. A diverse team with varied perspectives makes us a better company and will help us make better games. If you can bring something new to the table and expand our point of view, that's a huge upside.
Our Engineering team:
At Second Dinner, we believe that great people in a great work environment will lead us to great games and player experiences. In engineering we empower our team to build and innovate with best in class tools in ways they haven't been used before. Our goal is to simplify the game development process and redefine what is possible in game development.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Engineering. The primary responsibility for this position is to enable our feature development teams to be able to rapidly release high quality game experiences for our players. You will design, implement, and own backend systems that support new in game features and optimize existing ones to make our game wildly fun and HUGE worldwide. If you love crafting world-class game experiences, collaborating with extraordinarily talented cross-functional teams, then APPLY!
**Please attach your cover letter AND resume as one document.**
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, and own a secure and performant set of backend services
- Be part of the on-call rotation to ensure server up time
- Maintain current services to ensure performance, stability, and error free operation
- Enable rapid feature development without cutting quality
- Integrate internal backend services with external services such as payment verification, user authentication, and analytics
- Create and maintain documentation for live ops, debugging, and general knowledge
What You’ll Need:
- Awesome technical and personal communication skills
- Highly responsive attitude, collaborative and supportive of team members
- Experience building applications in .NET/C# or similar general purpose language
- Experience deploying applications to AWS or other cloud provider
- Experience working with document or relational databases (we use DynamoDb)
- Experience configuring and using observability tools
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging live service issues
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools
- Ability to recognize security flaws
Nice to Have, but Not Necessary:
- Experience with serverless .NET applications on AWS
- Experience with full stack web development
- Experience with business intelligence and analytics tools
- Experience with Git
- Game development experience
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer that places high value on diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military status, or veteran status.