About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineer for API management and development. This position will provide expertise in API management including API development, API proxy management for an Enterprise CRM core services group utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology (Apigee, Mulesoft, and SQL)
- Works with a cross-functional team, uses agile practices, writes, debugs, and delivers code.
- Develop API proxies following API standards that connects to backend services using API management platform like Apigee for a seamless data exchange.
- Develop Open API Specification documentation which holds the contract between the teams for end-to-end development cycle.
- Developing Shared flows to implement security, traffic control, logging and error handling as part of common code and call it as part of proxy flows.
- Develop/modify APIs based on API contract.
- Working with the product team / Business in discussing overall architecture of service capabilities and security mechanisms used to consume the APIs, generating, and providing the keys.
- Work on proof of concepts and implementation for automation tools that help teams in the development cycle like automate testing for Business use cases, develop API proxies and shared flows which helps speed up the work
- Automate the Spike Arrest traffic limits with a minimal value which helps the consumers with the initial API call connectivity testing.
- Actively participates discussions with stakeholders from User Experience, Architecture, and Operations
- Identifies and fixes more complex problems in code
In this role, you will:
- Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
- Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
- Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
- Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
Required Qualifications, US:
- 2+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 8 + years of development and implementation experience with API environments.
- 8 + years of overall IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing API Proxies on Apigee.
- 3+ years of experience in developing APIs in Mulesoft.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- Strong fundamentals in security – authentication, authorization.
- Experience in implementing CI/CD for API Gateways and maintaining "configuration as code".
- Hands-on experience on Apigee Edge or Apigee OPDK (Proxies, shared flows, flow hooks and utilizing caches) is a MUST.
- Programming skills in Java or Python.
- Experience in implementing automation testing for APIs. Strong knowledge and experience with full lifecycle development methodologies, standards and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Resourceful self-starter with minimal hand holding required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1+ years of Experience in Informatica tools like MDM, PowerCenter, IDQ
- 1+ years of Experience with Autosys scheduling tool.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.