At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will design, produce, test, or implement software, technology, or processes across multiple projects, programs, or products, as well as create and maintain IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Capital Markets Technology – Software Engineering – Advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities
- Determine the needs of the customer groups across multiple projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs and may also lead matrixed teams.
- Apply extensive expertise in process-driven approach in designing solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience
- Expertise in architecting, implementing, and operating large scale modern web, microservices and cloud-native distributed systems based on containers and AWS Cloud
- Experience with end-to-end software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process and tools.
- Experience with leading technical teams implementing Trunk Based Development, Feature Toggles, Blue-Green Deployment, 12 Factors and others
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code, using Cloud Formation, Terraform or similar tools
- Experience in coaching and guiding others in the team and driving high quality engineering culture.
- Effective collaborations skills to work in cross functional teams across the enterprise
- Ability to influence senior leaders across Technology, Product Management and Business domains
- Ability to excel in fast-paced, result-driven environment
- Superior leadership qualities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Experience with front-end technologies such as Angular, TypeScript or similar technologies Experience engaging with industry players outside of Fannie Mae
- Awareness to multi-cloud strategy, GCP and Azure
- Knowledge of Capital Markets business domain (Pricing, Committing, Hedging, MBS Trading, Allocations, Settlement)
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives
- The group of skills related to Business Insight including advising, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to achieve desired outcomes
- The group of skills related to Communication including communicating in writing or verbally, copywriting, planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or other technology-enabled automation
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs, outputs, and process
- Determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- The group of skills related to Learning and Training including conducting, developing, and evaluating training, instructional design, and learning management systems
- The group of skills related to Programming including coding, debugging, and using relevant programming languages
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience defining and managing changes to documents, code, computer programs, websites, and other files to enable collaboration and ensure teams are working from the latest version
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- The group of skills related to Product Testing including testing and evaluating software, usability testing, UAT, and using relevant product testing technology
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as Crystal Reports, Excel, or SSRS
- Experience using software and computer systems' architectural principles to integrate enterprise computer applications such as xMatters, AWS Application Integration, or WebSphere
- Expertise in service management concepts for networks and related standards such as ITIL practices or SDLC
- Expertise in developing websites for hosting via intranet or Internet, which may also include web design, web content development, scripting, and/or network security configuration
- The group of skills related to Product Development including designing products, developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements, prototyping, etc.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]