Tuesday 07 February 2023
61,176 – 99,411
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Are you a Senior Software Engineer with payments (SWIFT and GPP) experience looking for a new challenge?
Want to be at the forefront of change in the International & High Value Payments global arena?? Asides from their day job, our Software Engineers attended the recent SIBOS Industry event and were key participants in Payments strategy conversations. Want the opportunity to make a difference, develop your knowledge / value add and `be instrumental in delivering our strategic roadmap?
Furthermore, be part of a diverse and inclusive, values-based culture passionate about making a difference?
Then read on…
In the Payments Services Platform, our mission is to provide compliant and efficient payments capabilities for the Group and drive innovation to enable customers to move money confidently, quickly and securely. The Payments Services Platform sits within Business & Commercial Banking and plays a critical role in providing services across the whole Group.
Offering flexible and hybrid working patterns (ideally 2 days on site) we believe that a healthy work/life balance is important, so tell us what might work for you…
The role can be based in Edinburgh or London with benefitting from an appropriate salary increment.
We're also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. We'd warmly welcome your application if you identify with any of these groups.
Reasonable adjustments can be also accommodated in our Recruitment processes, just let us know…
We’re simply committed to building an inclusive environment where colleagues can be themselves and be their best as a result!
Now, on to the role…
We're looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer, with a proven track record in GPP delivery, to work in our International & High Value Payments Lab providing payment options for all of our customers. Specifically to support our new industry-leading International Payments Platform (IPP) as part of a multi-year 3bn investment in our people and systems. Our strategic roadmap includes a Payments Industry product called Global Payments Plus (GPP). This product is being used to deliver key revenue streams as well as enable mandatory compliance. Detailed SWIFT and GPP knowledge are critical for this role.
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge – it's what makes you fantastic!
What follows is what you might find our Software Engineer mostly doing, but your experience will flex depending on the team’s needs, and your own aspirations. Our objective is to grow and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- You'll be at the forefront of change in the International & High Value Payments global arena. Our Software Engineers attended the recent SIBOS Industry event and participated in Payments strategy conversations.
- You’ll engineer a key platform in the Payments application stack supporting approximately 200 billion of customer BACS, Chaps and International transactions every day.
- You’ll have ownership for the solution quality being deployed into the Production Estate, seeking methods (tooling / reviews) to ensure high standards are maintained in line with expectations for High Availability, Group Critical solutions.
- Working in a hands-on technical role, you’ll support the Lead Software Engineer to build, develop and nurture a highly productive software engineering team instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions.
What we need from you:
- You’ll be a Software Engineer with extensive International SWIFT and Payments experience with previous knowledge of integrating, introducing, and supporting 3rd Party packages, including tailored solution configuration and rules-based engineering into a Payments production environment.
- Adept solutions designer and problem solver.
- You’ll have a well-developed communication kit bag and be able to adapt communication style depending on the unique needs of different audiences.
- A thirst for building your skills as well as mentoring colleagues to maximise their potential by providing guidance and direction on the GPP product and it’s use in LBG.
- Proven experience using these technologies would be advantageous:
- Java EE (J2 EE)
- Experience in use of Agile and DevOps tooling is crucial.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
We're currently moving to a hybrid way of working. Colleagues will still be working from home and will travel into the office when it improves the outcome, therefore it is preferable that colleagues live within commuting distance to this office.
Have a question or want to know more? Please get in touch with Jackie Morrison or Craig Brown for more information.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.