Remote/Work from Home
Office in Solihull and Halifax
Salary: Up to 45,000 (Dependant on experience)+ COMPANY BENEFITS
Do you want to work with great people? Looking for the opportunity to progress and further develop your career? We’re currently recruiting and would love to speak with you about how SSP could be the right place for you. Please read on for further information.
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
The wellbeing of our employees is of paramount importance to SSP, and as such, we moved all our employees to working from home before the official shutdown in India. Our employees have continued to work from home during the crisis with no loss of service to our customers and we are incredibly proud of how well our teams have responded and adapted to this challenge. We are committed to continuing with home working until it is safe for our employees to return to the office. We are an equal opportunities employer and are willing to be flexible for the right candidate.
To be part of an Agile Software Team contributing code and artefacts in order to support delivery of SSP’s core strategic product.
We’d like to meet a Software Engineer with:
- C# .Net 4.7
- Oracle 12 (SQL/PLSQL)
- WCF web services
- Visual Studio 2019
- TFS Version control
- ASMX web services (nice to have)
- 2-3 Years experience of C#
- SOLID Principles
- Clean code Principles
- Insurance/Broker knowledge (nice to have)
The Software Engineers responsibilities will include:
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Develops a broad understanding of technical publication concepts, tools and methods and the way in which these are implemented. Develops an understanding of development support activities, such as information gathering, user task analysis, creating draft documentation, and illustration, and printing and publishing. Works with colleagues and clients to create new sections of technical documentation through all stages of the publication process as support literature.
- Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software. Accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target hardware from software source code. Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records the details of any failures. Carries out and reports fault diagnosis relating to moderately complex problems
What’s in it for you?
- A unique, modern working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate business and technical experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- Do you want to be the master of your career and decide what you want to do next? Bring your personality to work with you and be who you want to be.
- A flexible working environment with a great opportunity to share your knowledge.
What are SSP’s Values?
We have a strong, clear vision to be the leading provider of insurance technology software and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect Ownership Collaboration Innovation Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.