One of Experis' clients in the Greater Milwaukee Area is looking for a Software Engineer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have full stack development experience with the ability to design, develop, and implement software solutions in both a Windows and Web-based environment.
This position is a full-time, permanent opportunity with tremendous opportunity for long-term growth and the ability to work in a hybrid onsite setting. Candidates must be able to work onsite in the Greater Milwaukee Area without sponsorship now or in the future. Sign on bonus included for relocation.
Software Engineer 93812
Hybrid: 2 days onsite 3 days remote
Location: Milwaukee, WI; Sussex, WI; Waukesha, WI
Direct client: Full Time Position
Department: IT – Engineering, IT – Software Development, Engineering – Electrical
The client has an opportunity for a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement software (Windows and Web based) for monitoring of electrical power apparatus, utilizing industry best practices regarding software design & architecture. This role requires the versatility to work in many areas of software development (full-stack experience).
Requirements and Skills
Six + years of software engineering experience, including software development process, software project planning and estimating, software life cycle and technical support experience with a record of achievement and success.
Web development experience, including SPA web frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, Angular, Vue), calling web APIs, JSON, CSS, HTML. ReactJS and experience with WebSockets is preferred.
Experience developing web front-end applications as well as RESTful web services.
Experience in interaction with relational databases, database table design, indexing strategy, query performance, stored procedures and complex queries.
Experience using Windows and developing .NET applications. Experience with Linux systems is a plus.
Experience with software security best practices, e.g., encryption, hashing, protecting data, defense-in-depth, etc.
Experience designing scalable, distributed software applications that perform statistical analysis is a plus.
Provide leadership/supervision for the .NET Development team. The primary functions of this team include developing web applications that are used behind our firewall to provide a variety of business functions. In this position, you will act as a developer and will provide .NET and SQL development support to the Business Analytics & Reporting team by designing, coding, documenting, testing, and deploying ASP.NET (MVC 5), Web API (v2), SSIS, and SSRS solutions per business requirements. This position requires project management through the entire SDLC from gathering requirements to development, testing, documentation, deployment, and support.
- Provides leadership for and manages the daily activity of the .NET Development team, which includes two developers.
- Works with business partners and database developers to build robust enterprise .NET Web and Web API solutions that satisfy business requirements.
- Reviews and interprets ongoing business application requirements. Research required data and build appropriate deliverables.
- Documents and provides support for deployed .NET solutions.
- Works with the Business Reporting team to build T-SQL, SSRS, and/or SSIS solutions.
- Participates in the rotation for monitoring and troubleshooting Mariner's nightly data loads (off-hour support).
- Verifies the accuracy and validity of all software developed, including preparations of sample test data and the execution of programs, job stream, and system testing, as well as preparing all required documentation indicating system functionality.
- Investigates the root cause of application issues, system down, or database failures and makes accurate decisions to fix or repair the problem.
- Mentors the development team and help to grow and evolve their technical skills.
- Researches and proposes new technologies and processes that can be utilized by the team.
- May perform additional functions depending on market demand and staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.
- Four (4) year degree in information systems, MIS, BIS, CIS, or a related field of study.
- Two (2) to three (3) years as a Team Lead overseeing a team of developers in a corporate setting.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Microsoft/.NET Full-stack development with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2012, 2014 or 2016, Windows Server, and IIS.
- Experience with .NET 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.6.1.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or greater.
- Experience with Entity Framework.
- Experience implementing Service Oriented Architectures.
- Knowledge and ability to write advanced T-SQL code.
- Experience developing complex SSRS reports and SSIS packages.
- Knowledge of latest technologies – SOAP and RESTful Services.
- Ability to interpret application requests and requirements in order to build appropriate automated solution.
- Experience designing and developing Object Oriented Programming solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn emerging technologies and methodologies.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, & Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and notation skills.
- Experience with .NET Core and AWS.
- Experience administering Jira, Bitbucket, and/or SourceTree with a good understanding of Git.