BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Software Engineer opportunity in Wilmington, DE
Position Title: Software Engineer
Location: Wilmington, DE (Onsite Hybrid work Model – 3 days work from office/2 days work from home)
Expected Duration: 9 Months Contract to Permanent.
Roles and Responsibilities.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Strong understanding of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
* Strong understanding of hybrid cloud strategy and cloud computing technologies including: Cloud Foundry, AWS.
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages in addition to Java (knowledge of other JVM languages such as Kotlin or Scala a plus)
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* Knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
* Working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery best practice
* Knowledge of software best practices like refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, encapsulation etc.
* 5+ years hands-on experience of developing microservices using Java and Spring Boot (understanding Spring internals)
* 5+ years hands-on experience of building distributed system with micro-services
* 2+ years hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
* 2+ years hands-on experience deploying and running workloads on AWS (preferably using EKS)
* 2+ years hands-on experience with event driven app architecture (Kafka preferred)
* 2+ years hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL (Cassandra preferred)
* Experience developing frameworks a plus.
* Experience with other cloud platforms (Google, Azure) a plus.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 188750 when responding to this ad.