At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is a global leader helping to drive a seismic change in the digital landscape: for example; Tax administrations are embracing APIs and establishing connected data ecosystems with industry and government, Capital Markets regulators are mandating electronic reporting, Auditors are increasingly making use of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and data analytics.
At the core of these changes is the effective use, management and sharing/reporting of data assets. The development and ongoing maintenance of data models is critical to the operation of EY’s services, our clients’ businesses and the wider functions of industries and their market supervisors and governmental bodies.
As a Data Office Backend Models and Services (Manager) you will become a key member of EY’s Global Data Office (DO), reporting and working closely with the EY Global Data Standards and Models Leader (DSML). You will drive the delivery of backend metadata models and services which will be deployed on EY’s Trusted Data Fabric.
Your key responsibilities
This hands-on role will involve:
- capturing requirements, models, storyboards, user stories and acceptance criteria. It will involve defining, enhancing or extending physical data formats, schemas and structures for data operational use, transport, archive and analysis needs.
- managing, mentoring and training resources within a small team that prototype solutions and develop robust technical standards, requirements and acceptance criteria for enterprise scalable builds.
- the support of other teams that build out the enterprise solutions.
- defining data modelling structures and patterns that will scale. Including RESTful API definitions (OAS and RAML), tabular/relational data models for analytics, batch processing, and data streaming.
- application of enterprise architecture patterns for globally scalable software services and APIs. Predominantly on a Microsoft .Net and Microsoft Azure aligned stack.
This role is based in London and day-to-day collaboration with peers face-to-face in London will be encouraged when it is safe. Resources in the wider team are spread internationally, so expect some early and late calls. Some travel to Bangalore and potential other EY international locations will be required to work collaboratively with peers when it is safe to do so.Skills and attributes for success
As a peer developing standards, patterns, practices and requirements for others to follow we are looking for a resource with the strongest of oral, written and diagrammatic communication skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in professional data-oriented roles, including:
- Hands-on experience of leading the development of software solutions and/or data processing pipelines design, using test-driven development approaches
- Hands-on experience programming with .Net C#
- Hands-on experience of designing RESTful APIs
- Hands-on experience of designing physical data models or schemas
- Experience processing tabular data sources and structured data formats like XML and JSON
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis and intelligence roles (with clear understanding of the use and application of data within business processes)
- Scalable/enterprise-scale service development and API patterns experience, ideally with Microsoft Azure services
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships that result in change in data consumption and use within a business
- Experience of having been engaged within a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, globally dispersed team
- Experience training and developing others formally as a technical trainer or facilitator
What we look for
Strong communicators who can adapt their style, share and build on prior experience.
What we offer
We work in a very collaborative, team-focused way within the Data Office. Both internally within team and through workshops and user research sessions with wider stakeholders.
Working on the development of services and technical standards against which the Trusted Data Fabric is built with is a ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity to help embed principles of effective data management within an organization like EY one of the largest data processors on the planet. Working alongside some of the most experienced practitioners in this domain.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.