Knorr-Bremse, the global market leader for braking systems and other systems for rail and commercial vehicles
We are seeking Software Developers that look for opportunities to use technological excellence and forward-thinking design. We rely on passionate engineers to drive growth through dedicated research and development for the intelligent automation products that will usher in the future of rail. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and grow with us, we have an industry that is ready with exciting career prospects and continuous growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide maintenance support for existing software-based products.
- Design, code, debug and test new software components.
- Perform/Participate in software design and code reviews.
- Prepare detailed design and test case documentation.
- Prepare requirements and architectural design documents.
- Adhere to NYAB software processes.
- Interface with other departments as necessary.
- Estimate own work efforts.
- Must understand and support all Quality, Product Safety, and Health/Safety/Environmental/Energy policies.
- Must understand and adhere to all relevant statutory or regulatory compliance obligations.
- Must understand, support and adhere to the Integrated Management System policies, procedures and instructions.
- Must understand and support relevant key performance indicators (KPIs), as defined in the goal tree.
Skills and Competencies
- Capable of developing C/C++ applications for PC based and/or embedded real-time.
- Understands Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Capable of using NYAB software engineering tools (SCM, Defect Tracking, Compilers, Debuggers, etc ‘).
- Capable of using real-time operating systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understands UML based software design modelling.
- Communication Skills – Comprises the ability to speak, present, write, listen and distribute information effectively and create an environment for open communication.
- Analytical Thinking – Refers to collecting, analyzing and structuring information using a wide perspective in order to identify key issues and patterns as well as to drawing conclusions.
- Teamwork – Means the ability to work with others and build a positive climate and trusting relationships within teams.
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Includes the ability to build networks, work successfully in various, complex, changing and challenging environments and with diverse people.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The employee will be required to perform duties on a computer terminal. The employee may be exposed to shop floor conditions, i.e. noise, heat, cold, dust/dirt etc.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of an office work environment position.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
2-3 Years of Relevant Experience